Welcome to the Sacred Hearts Parish Sacramental Preparation Page!
Congratulations to you and your family as your child(ren) prepare to receive one of the seven Sacraments! I hope you find the information here helpful, and encourage you to contact me for further information.
Beth Fullerton, Coordinator of Religious Education K-8
Laura Foley, Confirmation Coordinator
Would you like your child to receive a Sacrament but they are not the typical age? We offer an RCIC class for children who, for this or that reason, did not receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation or Holy Communion at the traditional age and who are now preparing to receive these Sacraments. Please contact me for more information!
First Reconciliation - First Holy Communion
We work with the second-graders in the RE program and at Sacred Hearts School to help them prepare for and receive First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion. It is a busy and exciting year for the children and their families! Ideally, the children have already had 1-2 years of religious education prior to the second grade. This gives them a strong foundation upon which to build this year.
The second-grade curriculum is supplemented with an Enrollment Ceremony, a First Communion retreat, and at-home work packets. There is a parent meeting in October to explain all the details.
Second Grade Parent Meeting (Sacred Hearts School and Religious Education Program 2nd grade Parents must attend)
- Tuesday, October 25th at 6:30 p.m. Immaculate Heart of Mary Chapel
Important Second Grade Forms
- First Reconciliation And Holy Communion Handbook (414.3 KB)
- Sacramental Record Form (13.9 KB)
- First Communion Flower Fund Letter (34.8 KB)
- Welcome Home Drawing and Photo Collage Description (12.6 KB)
- Examination of Conscience (35.6 KB)
- Saturday, January 28th at 10:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., Sacred Hearts Church
2017 First Communion Dates:
- Saturday, May 6th at 10:00 a.m. Sacred Hearts Church (Ms. Forde and Mrs. Bronson)
- Saturday, May 6th at 1:30 p.m. Sacred Hearts Church (Ms. Keefe and Mrs. Fellows)
- Sunday, May 7th at 1:30 p.m. Sacred Hearts Church (Mrs. Demers and Mrs. Sullivan)
- Saturday, May 13th at 10:00 a.m. Sacred Hearts Church (SHS-Mrs. Guthrie)
- Saturday, May 13th at 1:30 p.m. Sacred Hearts Church (SHS- Miss Rachal)
- Sunday, May 14thth at 10:15 a.m. St. Patrick Church (Interested Families)
We have a two year Confirmation program at the parish (ninth and tenth grades), and candidates are confirmed in the fall of the eleventh grade. This program is for both students in public and Catholic schools. A wonderful group of catechists work with the candidates in our Church Hall on 1-2 Sunday evenings a month.
In addition to attending classes, the candidates complete a works of mercy project and get involved in a parish ministry each year. They also research and choose a Saint’s name, select and spend time with their sponsor, attend two retreats, write a letter to the Bishop, and are interviewed by one of our priests. The goal of all these pieces is to help the candidates desire reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation, deepen their relationship with God and His Church, and prepare them for their mission, as confirmed Catholics, to be a disciple and witness to Him.
Below, please find links to Confirmation paperwork. All class dates, etc., can be found on our RE calendar, located on the RE main page.
Confirmation Parent and Student Meeting:
Sunday, September 25th, 2016 Immaculate Heart of Mary Chapel
- 4:30 p.m. (9th grade students and parents)
- 6:30 p.m. (10th grade students and parents)
UPDATED RELIGIOUS EDUCATION K-8 AND CONFIRMATION CALENDAR
All 12 of the Decision Point lessons, used in Grades 9 and 10, can be found here: http://dynamiccatholic.com/confirmation/view-program/. Alternatively, download the free Decision Point app on to your device, and watch any of the 72 videos anywhere you have wi-fi!