Sacred Hearts Parish is accepting applications for:
TITLE: Director of Faith Formation
REPORTS TO: Pastoral Associate
STATUS: Full time, 30 Hours per week – Exempt
The Director of Religious Education has responsibility for all that pertains to the ministry of catechesis in the Parish for Grades K-8, in conjunction with the Office of Religious Education staff, oversees and offers policies and catechetical programs for children, youth, and young adults of the parish and missions of the Archdiocese.
- MA in Religious Education preferred / Catholic Theology or equivalent
- A Catholic in good standing, who understands and supports the mission of the Church and of the Archdiocese of Boston.
- Experience working within diocesan Religious Education structures or similar experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven administrative skills including interpersonal relations, conflict resolution, management and supervision, and budget preparation
- Ability to coordinate, schedule and provide leadership in a religious setting
- Ability to work in collaboration with other parishes and the Archdiocese to communicate and implement guidelines and policies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience using general office equipment
- Needs to be very familiar with Catholic Church’s teachings and liturgical practices
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Supervises and directs the Office of Religious Education staff and volunteers.
- Manage and coordinate weekly Religious Education classes for grades K-8 (2-3 days/evenings per week)
- Recruit and train Religious Education catechists
- Consults Pastor, Pastoral Associate and catechetical staff in training of staff, reviewing materials, and designing programs. Provides resources upon request
- Oversees the development and implementation of ongoing education / formation for parish catechists to promote effective catechesis
- Coordinate the K-8 Religious Education classes, Family Activity events, Generations of Faith meal and sessions, sacramental events and retreats, Vacation Bible School
- Plan, oversee and coordinate with school youth involvement at the Sunday Family Mass
- Assists parish and school to choose suitable materials for catechetical instruction
- Ensure that the Protecting God’s Children policies are observed in all Religious Educations program settings
- Is a member of the parish CAP team
- Prepare and manage the Office of Religious Education Budget
- Maintains regular communication with parish catechetical staff and Religious Education families
- Maintain membership and participation in appropriate National, Regional, and Archdiocesan catechetical organizations as required.
- Consult with Staff, Clergy, and Parish Catechetical Ministers for program planning and evaluation with regards to catechetical and pastoral issues.
- And any other duties as deemed necessary by the Pastor.
Please send resumes to:
Sacred Hearts Parish
48 South Chestnut Street
Bradford, MA 01835
No phone calls please.